Candy and sticky baked teriyaki hen smothered in selfmade teriyaki sauce is a flavorful and straightforward weeknight dinner. Have this oven-baked spin on basic hen teriyaki able to serve over rice in half-hour!
When you love Japanese-style recipes like this one, additionally strive my crispy Rooster Katsu.
The Greatest Ever Baked Teriyaki Rooster
Forego the bottled teriyaki sauce and attain for some simple pantry gadgets. Tonight, we’re making the BEST Asian-inspired weeknight hen teriyaki. This recipe places an oven-baked, garlicky twist on conventional Japanese teriyaki hen, and the outcomes are delish. These baked hen breasts end up mouthwateringly sticky, candy, and tangy, coated in a straightforward selfmade sauce.
When you’re asking me, this selfmade hen teriyaki holds a flame to even my favourite meals courtroom takeout. Proper up there with my Chinese language-inspired Normal Tso’s hen. I feel I’ll maintain them coming!
Why You’ll Love This Rooster Teriyaki Recipe
- Fast to make. On nights while you want dinner on the desk ASAP, this baked teriyaki hen has you coated. It’s quick, simple, and out of the oven in half-hour.
- Home made sauce. The tender hen cooks up completely within the silky selfmade teriyaki sauce. The scrumptious candy and tangy, umami flavors will make you wish to drink the sauce by the glass. It’s that good. And it’s loopy easy to make.
- Straightforward clean-up. The hen bakes altogether with the sauce in a single pan. I wish to thicken up the sauce in a skillet on the stovetop afterwards, for a grand complete of two dishes. And in case you have an oven-safe skillet that’s massive sufficient, you can simply make this right into a one-pan dinner. Both approach, there’s hardly any clean-up!
What Is Teriyaki Sauce?
Teriyaki sauce is a candy and sticky Japanese-inspired sauce you could smother over all the pieces from hen to baked salmon for successful of umami taste. This better-than-bottled selfmade teriyaki sauce recipe combines honey, low-sodium soy sauce, amino-rich rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger after which thickens all the pieces with cornstarch.
Teriyaki recipes typically name for sake, a kind of Japanese rice wine, however I make my weeknight hen teriyaki with pure Rice Vinegar, which tastes simply nearly as good!
What’s the Greatest Rooster to Use?
Rooster teriyaki works greatest with skinless, boneless hen. I make this recipe with complete, boneless hen breasts, however you may also make teriyaki hen thighs for those who favor. You might want to regulate the baking time, as thighs take barely longer to cook dinner.
The way to Make Teriyaki Rooster Within the Oven
Get these ovens preheated to a sizzling 425ºF, we’re about to bake essentially the most scrumptious hen teriyaki to ever grace your dinner desk. Remember to scroll all the way down to the recipe card for a full ingredient record and detailed directions.
- Put together the hen. First, frivolously pound your hen breasts to get them a fair thickness for baking. Afterward, prepare the hen items in a greased baking dish and canopy them with thinly sliced yellow onions. The onions grow to be delicate and caramelized within the sauce and add a great deal of taste!
- Make a sauce. Subsequent, whisk collectively your teriyaki sauce substances (other than the cornstarch and water for now). Pour this everywhere in the hen within the pan, ensuring all the pieces is evenly coated.
- Bake. Bake the hen at 425ºF for about half-hour. As soon as the hen is cooked, switch it to a plate for serving. Set this apart for the second. We’re about to show these leftover pan drippings right into a finger-licking teriyaki sauce!
- End and serve. Add the leftover sauce to a saucepan on the stovetop. Stir in a slurry of cornstarch and water, simmering till it thickens. Lastly, spoon the teriyaki sauce everywhere in the hen. When you’d like, garnish your teriyaki hen with sesame seeds and inexperienced onions after which serve it over rice. See under for extra concepts.
Suggestions for Success
I’m certain you’re going to like this simple dinner as a lot as I do. Listed below are some last suggestions for the very best teriyaki hen:
- Examine that the hen is finished. The best strategy to inform in case your hen is finished cooking is to take the temperature utilizing an instant-read thermometer. It ought to learn 165ºF on the thickest a part of the breast.
- In case your teriyaki sauce is simply too thick, add a spoonful of water at a time to assist loosen it up, till it reaches the appropriate consistency.
- Sesame seeds and inexperienced onions are non-obligatory however beneficial for garnishing the completed dish.
- To make this a one-pan recipe, bake the hen in an oven-safe skillet. Afterward, merely switch the skillet to the stovetop, take away the hen, and whisk the slurry proper into the sauce.
Can I Marinate the Rooster Forward of Time?
For certain. When you’d wish to get a head begin on this tasty hen teriyaki recipe, pour the sauce over the hen, cowl it, and let it marinate within the fridge as much as 24 hours upfront.
Teriyaki sauce is good and delicate, with complicated tangy and salty flavors from the rice vinegar and soy sauce. When you’d favor your sauce slightly spicy, go forward and stir in chili sauce or freshly minced chilies for a little bit of kick.
Completely! You possibly can repurpose the sauce on this recipe as a marinade, a glaze for meats or veggies, or as a stir-fry sauce.
I’ve discovered that one of the best ways to thicken this teriyaki sauce is with a cornstarch slurry, just like the one I take advantage of on this recipe. When you’d favor to skip the slurry, you may simmer the sauce for longer in order that it reduces.
Nope, no want! This Asian-style hen recipe is ok to bake within the oven uncovered, and it nonetheless seems scrumptious and juicy.
What to Serve With Rooster Teriyaki
That is a kind of dishes that works completely by itself with a facet of salad. However what Asian-inspired dinner doesn’t profit from a mound of fluffy white rice? Listed below are extra methods to show your teriyaki hen right into a weeknight feast:
The way to Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
- Fridge: This teriyaki hen might be saved with the sauce in an hermetic container. Retailer leftover hen teriyaki within the fridge for as much as 3 to 4 days. Reheat the hen within the microwave or on the stovetop till sizzling all through. If wanted, you may sprinkle some water excessive to assist loosen up the sauce once more.
- Freezer: Baked teriyaki hen freezes nicely. As soon as the hen has cooled fully, retailer it hermetic and freeze it for as much as 3 months. Defrost the hen within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
Extra Asian-Impressed Recipes
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Grease a baking dish with cooking spray and put aside.
Pound the hen breasts to a fair thickness, however don’t pound them skinny.
Organize the hen breasts on the underside of the baking dish.
Add sliced onions over the hen and put aside.
In a mixing bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger; whisk till completely mixed.
Pour the sauce combination over the hen; make it possible for the hen is nestled down within the sauce.
Bake for half-hour, or till the interior temperature of the hen reaches 165˚F levels.
Take away from oven and switch the hen and cooked onions to a serving platter. Put aside.
Switch the remaining teriyaki sauce from the baking dish to a frying pan or a saucepan set over medium-high warmth.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the chilly water and cornstarch till the cornstarch is totally dissolved.
Pour the cornstarch combination into the teriyaki sauce and whisk to mix.
Convey the combination to a boil and let boil for about 1 to 2 minutes or till thickened.
Take away from warmth and spoon the sauce over the hen.
Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped inexperienced onions.
Serve over rice.
- Rooster: I used hen breasts, however you may also use boneless hen thighs. It doesn’t matter what you employ, make it possible for the hen is cooked completely by checking for a 165ºF inside temperature on the thickest half.
- If the teriyaki sauce is simply too thick, add a few spoonfuls of water to succeed in the specified consistency.
- For a one-pan method, bake hen in an oven-safe skillet and whisk the slurry into the sauce post-baking.
- The hen might be marinated within the sauce for as much as 24 hours upfront.
- Retailer leftovers within the fridge for 3-4 days in an hermetic container, reheating within the microwave or stovetop with a sprinkle of water if wanted. It’s also possible to freeze the hen in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months, defrosting in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Energy: 273 kcal | Carbohydrates: 35 g | Protein: 26 g | Fats: 3 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Ldl cholesterol: 72 mg | Sodium: 1197 mg | Potassium: 539 mg | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 24 g | Vitamin A: 35 IU | Vitamin C: 4.1 mg | Calcium: 21 mg | Iron: 1.3 mg | Web Carbs: 35 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might range in response to the substances and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed information.