Completely cooked fish – each time – from the sluggish cooker. Spicy, savory flavors from pink onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and candy potatoes for the best fish tacos ever.
I’ll be trustworthy. I used to be dangerous at cooking fish.
It was often overcooked, as a result of I used to be by no means fairly certain when it was accomplished.
…till I began cooking it within the sluggish cooker. It’s superb:
- No dry, overcooked fish
- No bland, flavorless fish.
- Fish is finished in solely 15-20 minutes, not hours and hours, like normal sluggish cooker recipes.
On the low, regular warmth in a sluggish cooker, there’s a a lot larger window to catch fish on the excellent doneness – earlier than it goes from undercooked to overcooked.
On this recipe, the 15 minute cooking time is loads of time for fish to soak up the spicy, savory flavors of the chilies, tomatoes, onions and candy potatoes.
And right here’s one large bonus which my mother will love: cooking fish within the sluggish cooker doesn’t make your kitchen scent fishy. My mother by no means cooks fish for this one motive. *This hack is for you Mother!*
I found this fish-cooking Wholesome Kitchen Hack a couple of years in the past once I made this recipe for Thai Sluggish Cooker Tilapia.
Listed here are the essential steps to cooking fish within the sluggish cooker:
- Place greens, spices, liquids and/or complete grains (rice, quinoa) in sluggish cooker and prepare dinner 6-8 hours on LOW or 4-6 hours on HIGH.
- About 15-20 minutes earlier than serving, nestle fish in greens and liquids. White fish and thinner fillets take about quarter-hour, oil-rich fish like salmon and/or thicker fillets take about 20 minutes.
- Serve tremendous flavorful fish with an entire meal in a single pot!
Have you ever ever cooked fish within the sluggish cooker? What’s your favourite strategy to prepare dinner fish?