This recipe for Vegan Chipotle Sofritas Tacos with Mango Slaw is really easy and scrumptious! Based mostly on a flavorful sofritas taco filling, which incorporates crumbled tofu, onions, garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, spices, and chipotle peppers, you’ll be able to create probably the most hearty, satisfying tacos ever in simply half-hour! Merely cook dinner up the chipotle sofritas till it’s thick, tender and aromatic, then heap your tacos with the filling. High it with a crunchy, flavorful crimson cabbage Mango Slaw, and no matter extra toppings you prefer, similar to avocado, cilantro, cashew cream, olives, and tomatoes. The sky is the restrict! I like to serve this recipe for a celebration. Simply cook dinner up the vegan chipotle sofritas filling upfront, then serve together with heat corn tortillas, the mango slaw, and quite a lot of toppings. Let individuals construct their tacos simply the best way they like them! This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Do that sofritas filling in enchiladas, taco salads, tostados, burritos, nachos, and extra!
What are Sofritas?
Sofritas comes from the Spanish phrase “gently fried.” The time period is used to explain a standard Latin American sauce or base that’s used as a basis for a lot of dishes. Sofritas normally incorporates onions, peppers, tomato and garlic. The restaurant Chipotle Mexican Grill created their very own dish referred to as sofritas, which is a braised spiced tofu dish that can be utilized as a filling for entrees. My flavorful, gently spiced sofritas recipe is impressed by conventional Mexican dishes, in addition to Chipotle Mexican Grill’s tackle this wholesome filling.
Are sofritas vegan?
My recipe for sofritas is 100% vegan, as tofu is used because the protein base of the dish.
Based mostly on a flavorful sofritas taco filling, which incorporates crumbled tofu, onions, garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, spices, and chipotle peppers, you’ll be able to create probably the most hearty, satisfying Vegan Chipotle Sofritas Tacos ever in simply half-hour!
Chipotle Sofritas Filling:
- 1 tablespoon additional olive oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package deal additional agency tofu, drained, pressed (learn to press tofu right here)
- 1 medium crimson bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (about 1 cup complete; could substitute with 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes)
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (reserving sauce), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce reserved from canned chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optionally available)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt (optionally available)
- 4 cups coarsely shredded or thinly sliced crimson cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ crimson onion, sliced
- 4 pink or crimson radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (optionally available)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Toppings (optionally available):
- Sliced avocados
- Cashew cream (see recipe right here)
- Shredded plant-based cheese
- Sliced inexperienced onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced olives
- Contemporary cilantro
- Warmth olive oil in a sauté pan or skillet on medium warmth and add onions and garlic. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Crumble pressed tofu together with your palms and add to the pan with onions and garlic.
Add bell pepper and proceed to sauté for five minutes, till greens soften.
- Add tomatoes, chili peppers, adobo sauce, brown sugar (optionally available), oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt (optionally available) and cook dinner for 1 minute.
- Stir nicely and cook dinner over medium warmth, uncovered, for about quarter-hour till all liquid has been absorbed and greens are very gentle. Take away from warmth, cowl, and put aside till serving time.
- Whereas sofritas is cooking, put together the slaw and toppings.
- To make slaw, combine collectively in a giant bowl: shredded crimson cabbage, cilantro, onion, radishes, and mango. Add lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, salt (optionally available). Toss collectively gently to mix substances. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Put aside.
- Warmth corn tortillas to melt them in a skillet or microwave.
- To make tacos, fill every taco with:
¼ cup sofritas
¼ cup slaw
Further toppings as desired (see checklist above)
- Serve instantly! Makes 8 servings (2 tacos every)
You possibly can skip the mango slaw on this recipe and simply deal with the sofritas filling to serve with tortillas and your favourite toppings.
Use the Mango slaw as a aspect salad as desired.
This sofritas recipe can be scrumptious in grain bowls, salads, wraps, enchiladas, and burritos.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 24 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American, Mexican
Key phrases: chipotle sofritas, what are sofritas, chipotle sofritas vegan, are sofritas vegan
For different vegan taco recipes, try the next:
This publish could include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.