What You Have to Know About Preconception and Prenatal Genetic Testing with Kira Dineen MS, LCGC, CG(ASCP)
There are quite a lot of genetic assessments on the market for these planning a household and people anticipating their toddler. It may be relatively complicated which assessments it is best to get and why. Many households are additionally involved about how invasive the assessments are and the way correct the assessments are, and what they need to be doing with their outcomes.
To dive into this dialog of prenatal and preconception genetic testing on Yoga| Beginning| Infants I’ve Kira Dineen MS, LCGC, CG(ASCP)CM an authorized genetic counselor who has been specializing working with pregnant of us and serving to individuals planning being pregnant to acquire household historical past and to discover genetic testing choices. She’s additionally the host and producer of the podcast DNA Right this moment.
Kira helps demystify quite a lot of the genetic assessments on the market and how one can determine which assessments could be greatest for you and your loved ones. She is extremely enjoyable. I had such a good time. Regardless that this could really feel like a really heavy subject, the best way that Kira explains it and her enthusiasm, will assist set you relaxed and supply you some readability round genetic testing throughout being pregnant and preconception. I do know you’re going to take pleasure in this episode.
On this episode you’ll be taught:
- Study Kira and what led her to concentrate on genetic counseling.
- What genetic testing is and what these assessments searching for.
- How correct genetic assessments are.
- The time in being pregnant most individuals get these assessments.
- The essential genetic assessments most pregnant of us get.
- How genetic testing modifications as somebody will get older.
- Who might need to take into account getting an amniocentesis.
- Causes somebody might decide out of getting genetic testing.
- Potential dangers in getting genetic testing.
- The least invasive assessments.
- How genetic assessments have modified within the final 5 to 10 years.
- The position of the genetic counselor and the way they assist expectant dad and mom navigate assessments in addition to perceive the outcomes.
- One tip/piece of recommendation Kira wish to provide new or expectant dad and mom.
- The place yow will discover Kira’s work.
Kira Dineen, MS, LCGC, CG(ASCP)CM (she/her), has a decade of podcast expertise fueled by a ardour for science communication. She has hosted and produced 7 podcasts. Her fundamental present, “DNA Right this moment“, is within the high 1% of podcasts globally. Listeners Uncover New Advances on this planet of genetics by Kira’s interviews about genetic expertise, issues, and information. The present received the Finest 2020, 2021, and 2022 Science and Medication Podcast Awards. “DNA Right this moment” has produced over 200 episodes supported by 50 sponsors. As a licensed licensed genetic counselor, Kira Dineen meets with sufferers who’re pregnant or planning pregnancies to acquire household well being historical past and discover genetic testing choices. Kira can be licensed as a Cytogenetic Technologist and has labored in laboratories performing karyotypes and FISH on constitutional and most cancers samples.
Join with Kira:
Web site: DNAtoday.com
- Don’t overlook to seize your FREE information, 5 Easy Options to the Most Frequent Being pregnant Pains HERE
- In the event you love what you’ve been listening to, please go away a score and assessment! Yoga| Beginning|Infants (Apple) or on Spotify!
To attach with Deb and the PYC Neighborhood:
Instagram & Fb: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Heart